Top 10 Reasons to Enjoy a Healthy Mediterranean Diet
Written by Thomas Paras | March 1, 2016 | Blog
The Mediterranean Diet is one of the healthiest diets in the world for good reason. Here are the top 10 reasons:
- Counting Calories is unnecessary! With the Mediterranean Diet you will enjoy whole-grain foods, olive oil, fresh veggies, beans and nuts. These foods present high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and high levels of monounsaturated fat, contributing to a healthy lifestyle.
- Fresh veggies such as spinach, tomatoes, olives and cucumbers make great toppings and contribute to a providing the nutrients necessary for maintain health.
- A staple of the Mediterranean diet is wholegrain breads, which are rich in protein, minerals and add fiber to a person’s diet. This allows for the production of healthy bacteria and a healthy digestive tract.
- As long as you stick to the ingredients of the Mediterranean diet, you can load up on the healthy foods!
- Spices such as Coriander and Rosemary are found in Mediterranean food and are high in antioxidants, which are great for a healthy system. Plus they add great flavor!
- Mediterranean meals are simple and easy to make! Take a fresh whole-wheat pita, add your meat and toppings…and don’t forget the feta! Great for people with busy schedules!
- Wine is a great accompaniment in Mediterranean culture. Studies have shown a glass of wine may have health benefits such as living a longer live and having a healthy heart!
- Mediterranean food is quite filling, helping people avoid over eating! Try Mediterranean nuts or olives to help curve hunger. This can contribute towards weight loss!
- Hearth health is crucial and a Mediterranean diet rich in fruits and vegetables has been proven to lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes!
- Studies have found healthy fats of a Mediterranean diet are linked to improvement of memory and thinking!